Clarity UI is failing to load certain pages and/or loading very slowly.
- Platform9 Managed Services
- Clarity UI
1. Logout of the UI, and/or ensure you are on the login screen.
2. Enable Developer Tools in your browser.
Keyboard Shortcut: ⌘ (CMD) + ⌥ (OPTION) + I
Settings: More Tools > Developer Tools
3. Select the Network tab.
4. Ensure that the "Disable Cache" option is checked and reload the page.
5. Sign in to Clarity UI with your credentials – ensuring that the Developer/Network tools are still visible.
6. When navigating to any page upon login – are any requests failing? In other words, are any requests getting a non-HTTP 2xx response code?
Hint: Sort by "Status" in descending order by clicking on the labeled column.
An example is included below where it can be observed that the "Instances" tab is failing to load due to various failed HTTP 502 (Bad Gateway) responses.
To gain more detail about these requests, click on each of the request names, e.g. "detail".
7. Right click on the request name and select "Save all as HAR with content".
8. Attach the file to a Platform9 Support ticket for further analysis.
9. If you do not see any failed requests (aside from any HTTP 404s, which may or may not be relevant and unlikely to block page load in most cases), but, rather, you are experiencing slow load times where the page eventually loads – then, try sorting by "Time" instead, and see what took the longest.
It may be that a particular API is slow to respond. E.g., if you have a lot of security groups, it may take a while for the Neutron API to load all of these when navigating to the Networks > Security Groups tab.
In this case, please similarly share the request details with our Support team for further analysis.
Note: Please bear in mind that most APIs may already be tuned as finely as possible to provide the best performance. In some rare edge cases, a resize of the management plane instance may need to be performed, though – adjusting the API workers accordingly as per the increased # of vCPUs, etc.