- Nodes cannot join cluster after upgrading to Platform9 3.3.
- Swap is enabled on masters and nodes.
- Messages such as the following are observed in Kubelet logs:
Mar 9 12:26:06 kubelet: error: failed to run Kubelet: Running with swap on is not supported, please disable swap! or set --fail-swap-on flag to false. /proc/swaps contained: [Filename#011#011#011#011Type#011#011Size#011Used#011Priority /dev/dm-1 partition#0112519036#0110#011-1]
Mar 9 12:26:06 systemd: pf9-kubelet.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 9 12:26:06 systemd: Unit pf9-kubelet.service entered failed state.
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes - v3.3 and Higher
- On all masters and nodes, run the following command to disable swap:
# sudo swapoff -a
- Run the following command to update fstab so that swap remains disabled after a reboot.
# sudo sed -i '/ swap / s/^\(.*\)$/#\1/g' /etc/fstab
Starting from Platform9 Managed Kubernetes version 3.3, all Kubernetes masters and nodes are expected to have swap disabled. This is the recommended deployment per the Kubernetes community, as mentioned in the Kubernetes changelog. If swap is not disabled, the Kubelet service will refuse to start.