- Instance creation is successful but it then immediately shuts down.
- After attempting to start the instance, it immediately goes to a stopped state.
- No relevant error messages in /var/log/pf9/ostackhost.log.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack v3.0 and Higher
An instance may enter this state as a result of the following factors:
- RAM allocated to the flavor is equivalent to or more than that of the overall memory limit the hypervisor.
- Swap space on the hypervisor isn't enabled.
- Re-create the instance with a separate flavor which has lower memory requirements.
- Configure and enable swap space.
- If enabling swap doesn't help, then add additional RAM on the hypervisor.