Instances launched with UEFI boot enabled will not delete with error: 'Requested operation is not valid: cannot delete inactive domain with nvram'.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack v3.6.0 and higher
- libvirt, virsh
This behavior is related to an upstream bug - LP#1567807. Nova creates a libvirt instance with <loader> and <nvram> elements, and libvirt refuses to implicitly delete the nvram file.
- Obtain the UUID and Host of the instance you are trying to delete. For example, via Clarity UI:
- SSH into the host where the instance is launched.
- Verify if the instance is running on the hypervisor.
virsh list -all | grep <instance_uuid>
- Undefine the domain using virsh.
virsh undefine <instance_uuid> --nvramNote: The --nvram flag has to be explicitly defined, else undefine will fail with the same error as initially described.
- The instance may now be deleted successfully.