- The pf9-kube service fails to start. The following error is observed on host at /var/log/pf9/hostagent.log.
Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status docker.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
- Upon further inspection of the Docker daemon.log (via journalctl), the following subsequent error is observed.
# journalctl -fu docker.service
node dockerd: time="XXXX-XX-XXTYY:YY:YY.024478136Z" level=fatal msg="can't create unix socket /var/run/docker.sock: is a directory"
node systemd: docker.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
node systemd: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine (Installed by Platform9).
node systemd: Unit docker.service entered failed state.
node systemd: docker.service failed.
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes - v3.2-3.6
A race condition is present where a container may attempt to mount /var/run/docker.sock while Docker is starting up. An upstream bug has been identified related to this.
This issue is addressed in PMK v3.7. As a workaround for older releases.
- Remove the directory /var/run/docker.sock.
# rm -rf /var/run/docker.sock
- Restart the Docker service.
# systemctl restart docker.service