- While assigning a floating IP to an instance, the following error is observed in the Clarity UI:
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack v3.6.0
This issue occurs when the router associated with the subnet isn't connected to the external network or if the router isn't connected to the internal subnet at all but connected to the external gateway.
There are two possibilities that can result in this error:
a. The Router isn't created and configured.
1. If this is the case, go to the Networks tab in the Clarity UI -> click on the Routers tab -> Select the external network -> Click Next -> Select the right subnet associated with the tenant network -> Create Router.
b. The associated subnet is not associated with the router.
1. In the Clarity UI, navigate to: Networks > Routers > Click on your router > Interfaces > "Create New Interface".
2. Click on the New Interface wizard, select the appropriate subnet and click on "Add Interface" to save your changes. (IP address field can be left blank)