- A floating IP is unable to be attached to an instance.
- The following error is observed in Clarity UI when attempting to attach the floating IP:
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
This issue occurs when the router associated with the subnet isn't connected to the external network or if the router isn't connected to the internal subnet at all but connected to the external gateway.
There are various possibilities that may result in this error:
- A router has yet to be created.
- For guidance with creating a router, refer to Create Router in our networking guide.
- The associated subnet is not associated with the router.
- I. In Clarity UI, navigate to Networks > Routers.
- II. Click on the desired router.
- Note: Ensure you are scoped to the appropriate tenant to be able to view the router.
- III. Navigate to the Interfaces tab.
- IV. Click "+ Create New Interface".
- V. Select the desired subnet.
- VI. Click "Add Interface".