- Attempts to perform a live migration of an instance fail with the following error.
Unacceptable CPU info: CPU doesn't have compatibility.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack v3.6.0 and Higher
This error presents itself when CPU model/architecture differ between the source host and destination host even slightly.
- Run the following command on the host where the VM currently resides to create an XML with the full CPU description.
# virsh capabilities > virsh-caps-<originHostname>-full.xml
- Edit the XML file you've generated deleting everything above "<cpu>" and everything below "</cpu>".
- Move the file to the destination host and run the following command which will tell you if there is a legitimate mismatch and on which side it lies.
# virsh cpu-compare virsh-caps-<originHostname>-full.xml
- To determine the specific features that must be masked out, run the following command.
# virsh cpu-baseline virsh-caps-<originHostname>-full.xml
Mask out the features that do not appear in the output of the command in step 4 and attempt to migrate the VM again.