- Instance goes into "ERROR" state after failing to start.
- Running "openstack server show <UUID>" command shows an instance fault such as the following.
Error: Instance <UUID> could not be found on hypervisor.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- Instance failed to migrate.
- Disk is full on hypervisor.
Instance Failed to Migrate
- Determine which host Nova states the instance resides on.
# openstack server show <UUID>
- Check if the instance is running on the host obtained from the previous output.
# virsh list --all | grep <UUID>
- Confirm that the instance XML file still exists on the hypervisor.
# ls -l /etc/libvirt/qemu/<UUID>.xml
# ls -l /opt/pf9/data/instances/<UUID>/cfg-<UUID>.xml
- If the XML file resides on the host, redefine the instance using virsh.
# virsh define /etc/libvirt/qemu/<UUID>.xml
- Reset the state of the instance.
# openstack server set --state active <UUID>
- Identify which partition is full.
# df -h
- Inspect which folder(s) or file(s) are consuming the most amount of disk space.
# du -xh <partition-path> | sort -h | tail
- At your discretion, optionally backup and/or remove or truncate the offending large files which are consuming the most space.
Note: If you are uncertain if a particular file may be removed or truncated belonging to PF9, please contact Support.