- Node's state is seen in "Error Authorizing Host" in the Platform9 Clarity UI
- pf9-kube service on the node fails to start
- Following errors are present in the /var/log/pf9/kube/kube.log on the node.
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes - v3.6.0 and Higher
The packages weren't downloaded/configured correctly when the node was authorized or upgraded. This can also be observed when the same node was deauthorized and re-authorized.
- Run the following command on the node
# sudo dpkg --configure -a
- Then restart the pf9-kube service by running the command
# /etc/init.d/pf9-kube start
- The above command should complete successfully and the prompt should return, check the status of the pf9-kube service.