- The host is reported offline in Clarity UI.
- /var/log/pf9/hostagent.log shows that pf9-ostackhost service has failed to start.
815 - pf9_app.py INFO - Setting service state pf9-ostackhost.3.5.0-3246. Command: sudo /etc/init.d/pf9-ostackhost start
- /var/log/pf9/ostackhost.log contains the message "Failed to connect socket to /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock".
310 ESC[00;36mINFO nova.service [-ESC[00;36m] ESC[00;36mStarting compute node (version 2013.2.1)
322 ESC[00;36mINFO nova.virt.libvirt.driver [-ESC[00;36m] ESC[00;36mConnection event '0' reason 'Failed to connect to libvirt'
783 ESC[01;31mERROR nova.virt.libvirt.host [req-e5803ac8-b08f-4d3f-a6c9-93f36f37d0e0 None NoneESC[01;31m] ESC[01;31mConnection to libvirt failed: Failed to connect socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory
- /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log contains the message "Unable to bind to port".
794+0000: 20652: info : libvirt version: 1.2.2
794+0000: 20652: error : virNetSocketNewListenTCP:311 : Unable to bind to port: Address already in use
- In /var/log/syslog.log, it is observed that the libvirt service has stopped and is not able to restart.
kernel: [69549.764040] init: libvirt-bin main process (20652) terminated with status 6
kernel: [69549.764068] init: libvirt-bin respawning too fast, stopped
kernel: [69549.766659] init: libvirt-bin post-start process (20663) terminated with status 1
# service libvirt-bin status
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.5.0 and Higher
- Ubuntu 14.04
A stale libvirt process is holding the lock on the service port.
- Kill the stale libvirtd daemon.
# kill <pid>
- Start the libvirt-bin service.
# service libvirt-bin start
- Start the pf9-ostackhost service.
# service pf9-ostackhost start