In the event of a host failure within a Platform9 Managed OpenStack environment, instances which reside on the failed host will remain offline until the host connectivity is restored.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.6.0 and Higher
- Virtual Machine High Availability (VMHA)
- Compute hosts are configured with instance shared storage
Yes, this can be accomplished by leveraging the Virtual Machine High Availability (VMHA) feature provided by Platform9. In the event of a host failure, this feature is designed to automatically evacuate instances from a failed host to an active, running host.
Please contact Platform9 Support to enable this feature in your environment.
- Virtual Machine High Availability with Platform9 OpenStack
- Enabling High Availability on Availability Zones in Platform9 Managed OpenStack