Certain features need to be hidden in the UI for Management Plane created for POCs or interviews. Also not all features are enabled by default on all customer Management Planes. In this article, we will be disabling the chat option a.k.a. Intercom. This process can be replicated for other features listed in the features.json file as needed.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.6.0 and Higher
- Log into the UI.
- Check the Bottom Right of your screen and see if the chat icon is present.
- SSH into the Management Plane.
$ ssh username@<DU_FQDN>
- Open the features.json file for editing.
# vi /opt/pf9/www/public/clarity/features.json
- Set both the intercom and intercom_admin_only option to false under the experimental section.
- Go through the other options in the file, set the parameter to true if you want the feature to show up on the UI and false if you don't want them to show up.
- Save your edits.
- Refresh the UI, the chat icon should no longer be present.
- No service restarts are needed for the changes to take effect.
- These custom configs will get reset back to default if the Management Plane is upgraded/migrated. To persist the changes through an upgrade follow this process.