An administrator wants to configure the number of DHCP agents per network for each environment.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- Login to the Clarity UI using the administrator credentials and go to the 'Networking' tab -> 'Networking Config'
- Enter the number of DHCP agents that is desirable per network as can be seen in the above screenshot.
- After setting this value, make sure you have at least that number of hosts configured with the DHCP agent role. For example, if you have 2 DHCP servers per Network then at least 2 hosts should have the DHCP role enabled.
- You can enable DHCP agent role for a host by clicking the 'Infrastructure' tab -> Selecting a particular host-> Configure host -> Check the box 'Run DHCP Servers on Host'
- All the new networks created after making the above change will be created with two DHCP agents. For existing networks, you will have to run the command and specify existing DHCP agent ID for each of the existing network UUIDs.
# openstack network agent add network --dhcp <AGENT_ID> <NETWORK>
- You can check the number of network agents running per network by running the following CLI command.
# neutron dhcp-agent-list-hosting-net <network_UUID>