- Hosts connect to port 443 of Platform9 Cloud (Management Plane).
- Even though telnet, nmap or nc can be used to verify TCP connectivity to the cloud, it doesn't validate connectivity over SSL.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes - All Versions
- To test SSL connectivity from the host to the management plane, run the command below after substituting the value to <MANAGEMENT_PLANE_FQDN>.
$ openssl s_client -connect <MANAGEMENT_PLANE_FQDN>:443 -servername http-v1 -cert /etc/pf9/certs/hostagent/cert.pem -key /etc/pf9/certs/hostagent/key.pem -CAfile /etc/pf9/certs/ca/cert.pem
Note: This won't work in environments using proxy servers to forward traffic.