- Using the same credentials which successfully authenticate a user in the Clarity UI, running commands using the OpenStack CLI after sourcing a credentials file fails with the following error.
$ openstack server list
The request you have made requires authentication. (HTTP 401) (Request-ID: req-b4861fe6-0ad5-47ae-b321-d0aad26ff18b)
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- OpenStack CLI (unified or project specific)
Special characters in the OS_PASSWORD environment variable set using the instruction available in the Platform9 document, Installing OpenStack CLI Clients, must be 'escaped' to prevent the shell from interpreting them in an unintended manner.
- List the OpenStack environment variables, and note any which do not return exactly as intended.
$ env | grep OS_
- Identify the first character for each variable which is not returned in the output of the command in Step #1 and insert a backslash (\) into the variable's value just before the identified character.
- Source the edited rc file.
$ . openstack.rc
- Verify commands are now returning expected output as would be seen in the UI using the installed OpenStack CLI.