- In /var/log/syslog, the following is observed:
nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet
- Connections to and from instances (such as via a floating IP) may be degraded or timeout due to packets being dropped.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
For busier environments, the connections stemming from instances residing on the host may exceed the default connection tracking limit which is set based on the amount of RAM allocated to the hypervisor.
- Specify an increased max connection tracking size of 524288 in /etc/sysctl.d/65-nf-conntrack.conf.
# echo "net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_max=524288" > /etc/sysctl.d/65-nf-conntrack.conf
- Load the file into memory.
# sysctl --load/etc/sysctl.d/65-nf-conntrack.conf