Sometimes instances show as active according to the Compute service, but the console displays a boot error or the instance comes up without networking information. There will be scenarios when you are unable to ssh into your instances. At such times, you can access the boot time logs of the instance to inspect if the cloud-init script ran successfully and all the boot steps were completed successfully.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- Python OpenStack Client
- Copy the rc file from the Access & Security -> API access section in the Clarity UI.
- Save the content to a file with a name of your choice and a .rc extension.
- Edit the file to add your password.
$ vi file_name.rc
- Source the OpenStack CLI credentials.
$ source <YOUR_RC_FILE_NAME>
- Note the UUID of the instance for which the logs are desired.
- Dump the contents of the logs to a file of your choice.
$ openstack console log show __Instance_UUID__ > new_file.txt
- View the logs with a text editor of your choice.