It is desired to over-provision CPU cores on a subset of hosts instead of provisioning it for the OpenStack environment as a whole. A CPU allocation ratio parameter may be set as metadata for a particular host aggregate containing that subset of hosts.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.11 and Lower
- AggregateCoreFilter must be set in /etc/nova/nova.conf on the Management Plane.
Note: If you're uncertain if this is set, submit a ticket to Platform9 Support to check and have it enabled.
- Navigate to the "Infrastructure" tab in Clarity UI.
- Select the "Host Aggregates" tab.
- Select the host aggregate you intend to modify (assuming one has already been created).
- Click "Edit Host Aggregate".
- In the Metadata section, select "Add key-value metadata".
- Specify the Key as cpu_allocation_ratio and the Value as the intended ratio, e.g. 2.0.
- Click "Save".