- Instance creation fails for one or more networks
- The below error is observed in the UI or logs
WARNING nova.virt.libvirt.driver [req-<uuid> <email@example.com> CT] [instance: <instance-uuid>] Timeout waiting for vif plugging callback for instance <instance-uuid>
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack v4.0 and Higher
This can happen when one or more DHCP agents associated with the network are not running due to various reasons like the host being offline. You may verify the state of the DHCP agent by running the Openstack CLI command
# openstack network agent list
If the host is reporting as connected, please check the /var/log/pf9/pf9-neutron-dhcp-agent.log for any errors.
- If the hosts with DHCP agent roles are online and you observe errors in the DHCP agent logs on the hosts, as a workaround you could disable the DHCP agent from older hosts and enable it on the other hosts in the environment. This can be done from the UI as well.
- After enabling the DHCP on a new host, verify that the new DHCP agent has come up with the command executed in Step 1. Try instance creation and check if it still fails.
- If you are still encountering any errors, please log a ticket with Platform9 support