A Master node is offline in a Multi-Master BareMetal PMK cluster due to one of the following reasons- maintenance, OS crash, hardware failure.
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes - All Versions
- Enable Advanced Remote Support (ARS) with sudo permissions as the new Master node can go offline while being added to the cluster and ARS helps in troubleshooting such issues. Here's the article to assist you with it.
- Ensure that we have an etcd quorum by checking the etcd cluster's health.
# etcdctl --cert-file /etc/pf9/kube.d/certs/etcdctl/etcd/request.crt --key-file /etc/pf9/kube.d/certs/etcdctl/etcd/request.key --ca-file /etc/pf9/kube.d/certs/etcdctl/etcd/ca.crt cluster-health
- Once the above command returns a Healthy status, go to the Clusters view in the Clarity UI->Select the cluster from which you want to detach the master >Click on "Detach" option
- Select the Master node you would like to detach and click on "Detach Nodes".
- Check the following output to ensure that the older Master node has been detached successfully.
# kubectl get nodes -w
- Once it's detached and the cluster can be seen in a "connected" state in the UI, make sure that you run the pf9-hostagent installer on the new Master node and have it authorized as a node.
- Now, click on "Attach Nodes" to add a new Master to the existing cluster.
- Few moments later, the new Master should be added to the cluster.