If Glance Clustering is not enabled on the storage hosts, the Cinder service will pick the first endpoint that it finds in the openstack endpoint list --service glance output. It is possible that the first endpoint might belong to a completely different region, this will result in your desired image not being found. You can see the GET call for the image failing in the Glance logs and the URL will refer to the wrong endpoint.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.6.0 and Higher
If Glance clustering is disabled, the service will not cycle through all available endpoints and will consider only the first endpoint when the following command is run.
$ openstack endpoint list --service glance
- Login to your storage server.
- Open the configuration file for Cinder.
$ vi /opt/pf9/etc/pf9-cindervolume-base/conf.d/cinder_override.conf
- Enable Glance Clustering.
glance_cluster = true
- Save the changes and restart the Cinder service.
$ systemctl restart pf9-cindervolumebase.serice
- Repeat this process on each storage server provisioned.