- While attempting to execute OpenStack commands from a self-service user using the OpenStack CLI, some of the commands fail with the following error.
Expecting to find domain in user.
The server could not comply with the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect.
The client is assumed to be in error. (HTTP 400)
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- Python-OpenstackClient - 4.0.0
- The .rc downloaded for the self-service user from the management plane does not have the OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME parameter defined.
export OS_AUTH_URL=<Management Plane URL>
export OS_PROJECT_NAME="<Project Name>"
- Check for the user Domain using the following command
# openstack user list --long
- Add the parameter export OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME=<Domain name> to the RC file. It is mostly 'default' in most of the cases. The entry looks as shown below
# export OS_USER_DOMAIN_NAME=default
- Verify commands which were previously failing now function as expected.