Similar to tenant quotas, you can enforce quotas per user. This can be used to prevent users from monopolizing resources in a multi-user tenant.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- OpenStack CLI
- Nova CLI
Using the Clarity UI
- Log in using your admin account.
- Select the 'Tenants and Users' tab on the menu to the left of the page.
- Switch to the 'Users' tab and use the radio button to select the user whose quotas you want to set and click on 'Edit User'.
- Set the desired quotas for the user. Ensure that the 'Enable user-level quota for the playground region and <tenant_name> tenant.' checkbox is selected.
- Click on 'Save'.
Using the CLI
- Source your admin RC file.
$ source <your_admin_rc_file>.rc
- Get the UUID of the user whose quotas you want to admin.
$ openstack user list | grep <username>
- Get the UUID of the project the user belongs to.
$ openstack project list | grep <project_name>
- Check the existing quotas for the user.
$ nova quota-show --user --tenant $project
- Update the quota for the user.
$ nova quota-update --user <user_uuid> --QUOTA_NAME QUOTA_VALUE <project_uuid>
- Repeat step 4 to verify the quotas have been updated successfully.