- Image shows 'unknown host' listed under Status column in UI.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
The 'unknown host' entry appears when a host with a Glance role has been de-authorized but the pf9-janitor service failed to clean up the entries because it is in a stopped or exited state.
- Check the pf9-janitor service status by running the following command.
[firstname.lastname@example.org janitor(admin)]# systemctl status pf9-janitor
● pf9-janitor.service - LSB: The platform9 maintenance task service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/pf9-janitor; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Wed XXXX-XX-XX XX:XX:XX UTC; 1 weeks 1 days ago
- Restart the pf9-janitor service using the following command if it is in a stopped or exited state.
#systemctl restart pf9-janitor