- User receives the following error while attempting to create a 'Boot From Volume' instance starting from an image.
Error: Error waiting for openstack_blockstorage_volume_v2 <volumeUUID> to become ready: The volume is in error status. Please check with your cloud admin or check the Block Storage API logs to see why this error occurred.
- The following log is seen in /var/log/pf9/cindervolume-base.log
744 29969 ERROR cinder.volume.manager ImageUnacceptable: Image <imageUUID> is unacceptable: Image virtual size is <x>GB and doesn't fit in a volume of size <x+y>GB.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
As seen in the cindervolume-base.log file described above, the virtual size of the image is larger than the size of the volume specified during creation of the instance.
- The size of the volume specified during creation of the instance must be larger than the virtual size of the image being used to create the volume.
# openstack image show 9cb0de9f-27b9-cef2-6b90-a786d79866c6
| virtual_size | 186457982354 |
- With the above virtual_size given in bytes (186457982354 = ~186.5GB), the volume size specified must be at least 187GB.