When an evacuate operation is performed on a host, the disk files are deleted and the VMs are rebuilt using the image.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.6.0 and higher
- NFS v3
- Since libvirt does not have a rebuilt function, the spawn function is called by Nova compute service.
- The spawn function for the libvirt driver destroys disk if it fails to launch an instance.
context, xml, instance, network_info,
LOG.debug("Guest created on hypervisor", instance=instance)
- The disk files are deleted because libvirt fails to get a write lock on the disk file and the instance fails to get created after which Nova rebuilds the instance using the original image.
- Add the nolock option to the NFS mount options in the nova_override.conf file located under /opt/pf9/etc/nova/conf.d directory.
nfs_mount_options = vers=3,nolock
- Restart pf9-ostackhost service on the host.
# sudo systemctl restart pf9-ostackhost