- An instance is failing to live-migrate with "No valid host was found".
- The instance is associated with an Availability Zone.
- The live-migration is shown to be in error as per
- In /var/log/nova/nova-scheduler.log on the Management Plane, the following is observed.
INFO nova.filters [...] Filtering removed all hosts for the request with instance ID '<INSTANCE_UUID>'. Filter results: ['RetryFilter: (start: 1, end: 1)', 'AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation: (start: 1, end: 1)', 'AvailabilityZoneFilter: (start: 1, end: 0)']
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.11 and Lower
The instance is being attempted to be live-migrated across Availability Zones, which is not allowed.
Adding Additional Hosts
- In Clarity UI, navigate to "Infrastructure" → "Host Aggregates".
- Select the radio button next to the name of the host aggregate associated with the AZ for which the instance is provisioned under.
- Click "Edit Host Aggregate".
- Select the checkbox next to each additional host to be added to the aggregate.
- Click "Save".
- The host should now show for the AZ under the Availability Zones tab.
- Retry the live-migration.