Unable to migrate the instance as the original image used to create the instance is deleted.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
The instance cannot be resized or migrated as the image is deleted from the Glance node.
Note: If the backing file is not present on the hypervisor running the instance, the image cannot be recreated.
- Execute the following command on the hypervisor running the instance to check if the backing file is present or not.
$ sudo qemu-img info <INSTANCE_STORAGE_PATH>/<INSTANCE_UUID>/disk
- Copy the backing file to the /tmp directory of the Glance node in your environment.
- Check the file format of the backing file.
$ qemu-img info /tmp/backing_file
- If the backing file is in raw format, convert it into qcow2 format.
$ qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2 <backing_file_name> <original_image_name>
- Change ownership of the file 'original_image_name'.
$ chown pf9:pf9group filename
- Check the integrity of the image rebuilt by creating a test instance.