Unable to migrate the instance as the original image used to create the instance is deleted.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
- The instance cannot be resized or migrated as the image is deleted from the Glance node. Note: If the backing file is not present on the hypervisor running the instance the image cannot be recreated.
- Check if the backing file is present for the instance by running below command on the hypervisor running the instance.
$ sudo qemu-img info <INSTANCE_STORAGE_PATH>/<INSTANCE_UUID>/disk
- Copy the backing file to the directory
/tmpof the glance node in your environment.
- Run below command to check the file format of the backing file on the Glance node.
$ qemu-img info /tmp/backing_file
- If the backing file is in raw format, convert it into qcow2 format by running below command.
$ qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2 <backing_file_name> <original_image_name>
- Change ownership of the file original_image_name using the below command.
$ chown pf9:pf9group filename
- Check the integrity of the image rebuilt by creating a test instance.