- Cinder services are down after the host upgrade.
- Unable to start the Cinder services. Below errors are observed in /var/log/pf9/cindervolume-base.log
WARNING cinder.volume.manager [req-xxxx None None] Update driver status failed: (config name other-backend) is uninitialized.
WARNING cinder.utils [req-xx None xxxx ] Volume driver (TintriDriver 184.108.40.206) is currently unsupported and may be removed in the next release of OpenStack. Use at your own risk.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v4.3
- Tintri Backend driver.
Tintri driver is marked as unsupported in the OpenStack Stein release and will be removed from the OpenStack Train release.
Follow the below steps to resolve the issue with OpenStack Stein Release:
- Add the configuration in the Cinder configuration file.
$ vi /opt/pf9/etc/pf9-cindervolume-base/conf.d/cinder_override.conf
- Restart the service Cinder service on the affected Cinder nodes.
$ systemctl restart pf9-cindervolume-base.service
Refer to the below links for respective OpenStack release notes.