- Password is unable to be reset via Clarity UI.
- The following error is encountered: "Request to reset password failed. Please make sure that you have typed the correct email and try again".
- It is observed in the Network tab of the Developer Tools of the browser that the corresponding POST request to the Clemency endpoint (https://__CUSTOMER__.platform9.net/clemency/request) is receiving an HTTP 502 (Bad Gateway) response code.
- The pf9-clemency service is in a failed, exited, or stopped state on the PF9 management plane.
# systemctl status pf9-clemency
● pf9-clemency.service - PF9 Clemency password reset daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/pf9-clemency.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Fri 2020-10-09 00:36:56 UTC; 6 days ago
Main PID: 31277 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - All Versions
The root cause for service in the failed/exited state is not known.
- (Re-)start the pf9-clemency service.
# systemctl restart pf9-clemency