- The changes made to the libvirt.xml file of a VM using were lost post a hard reboot.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v4.0 and Higher
Starting with Juno( or Kilo ) release libvirt.xml cannot be modified manually. A hard reboot will recreate libvirt.xml, dropping all the updates and restoring the XML file to the original state.
- Currently, there is no way to make the changes persist after a hard reboot but we can make the changes and perform a soft reboot for the changes to take effect.
- Edit the XML file using the virsh edit command
# sudo virsh edit <VM uuid>
- Perform a soft reboot of the VM either from the Platform9 Management Plane UI or use the following command
# opensgtack server reboot <VM uuid>
- Avoid a Hard reboot of a VM to ensure the changes made above persist.