Customize the kubelet service by adding additional flags or changing values for parameters already defined in the config files and persist through an upgrade in Platform9 Managed Kubernetes.
- Platform9 Managed Kubernetes - v4.5 and higher.
- Get the worker or master node config map of the affected cluster, which is used to deploy the kubelet configuration on the worker nodes by running the below command.
$ kubelet get cm -n kube-system | grep -i "worker\|master"
master-default-kubelet-config 1 4d4h
worker-default-kubelet-config 1 4d4h
- Back up the original configmap before changes.
$ kubectl -n kube-system get cm worker-default-kubelet-config -o yaml > worker-default-kubelet-config-bkp.yaml
- Edit the config map as per your requirement.
$ kubectl -n kube-system edit cm worker-default-kubelet-config
- Validate the changes in configmap.
Any change in configmap will restart the pf9-kubelet service on all worker nodes or master nodes respectively to make the changes effective immediately. The changes made to the above configmap will persist through the cluster upgrade.